}

Monday, September 13, 2010

Seen Your Video: "Digging for Something" by Superchunk

SXSW 2010, Day 3: Superchunk @ Village Voice day party, La Zona Rosa (3-19-2010)-5549

Majesty Shredding, the first full-length record since 2004 for Superchunk, drops tomorrow and it's so. effing. good. It took a listen or two to get to that point but I've listened to it so much in the past few weeks, I swear it's the soundtrack to my dream-life as well.

"Digging for Something" is one of the absolute standouts on the record. I heard this song when they did it at the Village Voice Day Party at SXSW last year and it's even better live. A video for "Digging" was released today and it's just as good as the song. I love a good quirky video and these guys did a bang up job (look for a guest appearance by John Darnielle from The Mountain Goats).

Give a Listen: Digging for Something-Superchunk/Buy Majesty Shredding (out 9/14)

No comments: