}

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Scarlett Johansson, words simply fail me

Dear God, how did this happen? I like Scarlett Johansson as an actress and ok, she's not the first star to try this (Leif Garrett and Shawn Cassidy, Don Johnson and Bruce Willis, Lindsay Lohan...really the list is friggin endless), but c'mon, Tom Waits, for real?? She couldn't start small with I dunno, some Beatles tune that everyone covers, then move up? I'll give it to her, that took real guts. At least they hooked her up with a really good backing band. Maybe between the solid band and studio trickery the record is somehow better and Nico can stop rolling in her grave?

Something tells me that's not the case. I'll put it to you this way...I sent the video below to a friend and he said he turned this off faster than Wing's cover of Hell's Bell's that I sent him from SXSW. In fact, I think his exact words were, "Dude, I had to turn it off, the birds flying by my 25th floor office were crashing themselves into the windows."

But don't take my word for it, see for yourself with her version of Waits' "Who Are You" below or view the rest of the videos here

However, please move your computer and any speakers away from the windows for the sake of the birds (and yourself) when doing so.

No comments: