}

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Seen Your Video: Live "Laundry Room" and "I and Love and You" by the Avett Brothers

You know that song that is so haunting, or beautiful, or somehow so moving to you that it gives you goosebumps each and every time you hear it? I have only a few of those but The Avett Brothers' "Laundry Room," and more recently, "I & Love & You," are definitely two high on the list. It's the beauty of their music, sure...hell, Metallica could use cello and piano in one of their songs and I'm sure it would sound haunting...but it's also the stories of longing and resignation in each of these Avett tunes that, paired with their otherworldly harmonies, could move even the most calloused of hearts.

Blissfully, these two tracks are on their forthcoming record, also titled "I & Love & You," out in September.

These videos are from the Avett's recent stop in DC which BL&L covered and photographed (see those here).

Laundry Room


I & Love & You

No comments: