}

Friday, June 18, 2010

Springsteen's London Calling: Live in Hyde Park DVD out Tues



Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band headlined the Hard Rock Calling Festival last June in Hyde Park, London, a festival which also included Dave Matthews and Gaslight Anthem. Springsteen's set was recorded and come Tuesday, it comes out on DVD titled London Calling: Live in Hyde Park. Bonus tracks include "The River," from the Glastonbury Festival performance that same year, and "Wrecking Ball," from the last show at Giant's Stadium in October.

A really cool part of the show was when Bruce called fellow New Jerseyite, Brian Fallon, lead singer of Gaslight Anthem, out to sing "No Surrender" with him and the band. The obviously genuine excitement on Fallon's face is goosebump-inducing for sure. Says Fallon about it, "...he [Springsteen] asked me if I wanted to sing with him during their set. I was just like, “Yeah!” We did “No Surrender.” The second day, he came out and did “The ’59 Sound” with us, and I did “No Surrender” again. It was unreal. I was in front of a hundred thousand people. It’s so weird, because you look and you see nothing but dots. I looked around and was like, “I can’t believe this is happening.”



Give a Listen: London Calling-Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band (Hyde Park, 4-28-09)/Buy London Calling-Live in Hyde Park DVD, out 6/21

No comments: