}

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

For Your Listening Pleasure: The Wrens on KEXP



One of the bands that I saw for the first time at SXSW was The Wrens. I'd never heard of them but I had heard about them-one of my SX travel mates has raved about these guys for years now. They've had a bit of a storied past but let me put it to you this way: I see a lot of shows and the show I caught them at in Austin was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Hands down. And it was noon on a friggin Friday.

I'll be posting more about that show here shortly but in the meantime, I wanted to share a treat I was just given, a podcast of acoustic Wrens from roughly 2007 2003 on KEXP.

Great wordplay, killer hooks, and a bombastic surge of power with underlying melody. Fuck The Shins man, it's The Wrens who will change your life.



Oh, and here's video from the radio session one of their KEXP visits as well...

No comments: