}

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

SXSW: Jarvis Cocker and "Saying the Unsayable" Panel

Seriously, how cool is this?? Sadly though, it's two hours long which at SX is a VERY long time to be at one event.

Saying The Unsayable With Jarvis Cocker
Room 16B

Wednesday, March 18th

3:00 pm - 5:00 pm

What is the function of lyrics in popular song? Jarvis Cocker addresses the issue with examples from other people's songs and his own. Subjects under consideration include; "Should Songs Rhyme?", "Are Songs Poetry?", "Is There Anything You Can't Write Songs About?", "Which Phrases Should be Avoided at All Costs?" & "Great First Lines." Songs by Leonard Cohen, Pete Doherty, Hot Chocolate, Amy Winehouse, David Bowie, Lou Reed, Dory Previn, Katerine, and Arctic Monkeys will be investigated.

3 comments:

J. Neas said...

Sigh. I need to stop reading things about SXSW or I'm going to become completely inconsolable about the fact that I won't be there.

Jarvis? Really? ARGGGH!

Erica said...

Uh I know, I heard that from Justin last night. What's up with that super-crazy talk?? Those kids could last 4 days without you Professor Neas...besides I thought there was drinking to be done??? :)

J. Neas said...

They could, I suppose, but my wallet couldn't last it. I'll owe you a beer the next time I see you. :)