}

Friday, May 28, 2010

Seen Your Video: "Slack Motherfucker" by Superchunk at the Primavera Sound Festival, Barcelona (5-27-2010)

Ever since I saw them live for the first time at SXSW this year, my Ipod has been playing a whole bunch of Superchunk. I'd dug them before, but it was the unbridled and raw energy of their live show that made me fall in love all over again.

'Chunk doesn't tour as much as they used to, so when they do, one should not miss the opportunity. We recently posted about 'Chunk's new record (!!!) Majesty Shredding due out this fall, as well as their tour dates around the same time. Prior to these, they are playing some festivals here and there, including the Primavera Sound Festival which was last night in Barcelona. The crowd's response to the anthemic "Slack Motherfucker" is always such a joy to behold.

I think it's safe to say that even if I live to be 100, "Slack Motherfucker" will still make me want to pogo like a crazy person.

No comments: