}

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Weekend Announces West Coast Dates for 2012



When shooting a headlining band, and there is no photo pit, I have to get there when doors open. As such, that means hearing the opening act as well. This can span the tolerable-meter spectrum, anywhere from "god-awful" to "how have I lived this long and not heard these guys?"

When I covered and photographed Wire earlier this last year, the San Francisco-based Weekend opened, and I most definitely wondered the latter. Full of feedback and shoegazing thrash, I distinctly recall looking at the folks standing near me after, all of us having that same look of, "Holy shit, did you just see that??"

Weekend have been non-stop touring this year, supporting bands like The Kills and Talk Normal, but they announced today three headlining dates in the new year (sadly, just on the west coast).

02/01: The New Parish, Oakland, CA
02/11: The Loft @ UCSD, San Diego, CA
02/12: The Echo, Los Angeles, CA

Weekend released the 5-track EP Red earlier this year, their follow up to 2010's Sports.

Give a Listen: The One You Want-Weekend/Buy Red

No comments: